Pages

27.9.11

Délicieux

"The Daring Bakers go retro this month! Thanks to one of our very talented non-­ blogging members, Sarah, the Daring Bakers were challenged to make Croissants using a recipe from the Queen of French Cooking, none other than Julia Child!"


 There was no playing games with this recipe - I followed the entire process to the T (not as my mom taught me which was a much more 'dash of this', 'splash of that', eat half the mixture before its cooked' kind of approach). It was worth every knead, every layer of butter, every long wait between rises, because they were darn delicious!


They were perfectly light and crispy on the outside, buttery and flaky on the inside and divine with some cheese and jam.


The proper camera was in Pretoria with Curtis so I had to make do with my extremely outdated little point and shoot, I think it actually has less megapixels than my phone (which is not of the smart phone variety either!) so the photos don't quite do them justice but here they are anyway... 




No comments:

Post a Comment