Pages

1.9.11

Daring Bakers - First Challenge

So after hearing of the elusive Daring Bakers for a while, I went a-searching the interwebs, found their site and after making sure I knew what I was getting myself into, signed up straight away...
It is worth a browse and is loads of fun if you're into baking (and/or cooking, there is a daring Cooks too!)

The blog check-in line for August:

The August 2011 Daring Bakers’ Challenge was hosted by Lisa of Parsley, Sage, Desserts and Line Drive and Mandy of What the Fruitcake?!. These two sugar mavens challenged us to make sinfully delicious candies! This was a special challenge for the Daring Bakers because the good folks at http://www.chocoley.com offered an amazing prize for the winner of the most creative and delicious candy!


I didn't give the chocolate tempering a try yet, but definitely going to give it a bah sometime, especially because I even bought myself a candy thermometer for the Pate de Fruits :) I was so excited, felt like such a granny!

So the first picture is my attempt at Strawberry Pate de Fruit :)

The second picture is of dark chocolate ganache truffles, one with a vanilla powder coating and the other with a white chocolate base and almonds.



 Mmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment